Makeover Ministry is an outreach program of Orchard Christian Fellowship that helps people in need or in crisis.
You can reach the Makeover Ministry by dialing their hotline: 603-553-3430
Who exactly do we help?
- We help foster families and children
- Families or individuals in need
- Victims of domestic violence
- Refugees relocated in NH
- We also help foster children who are ‘aging out’ of the foster care system and set up their first apartment
What do they need?
- CLOTHING: new or clean gently-used clothing of all sizes needed (baby, toddler, kids, teens and adult, shoes, coats and boots)
- FURNITURE: couches, beds (twin especially), toddler beds, chairs, tables (kitchen and other), lamps.
- HOUSEHOLD ITEMS: small kitchen appliances, microwave ovens, electronic equipment, and vacuum cleaners in good working order. Pots & pans, dishes, glasses and silverware, bake ware, new toiletries, new paper products, school supplies, holiday decorations, bicycles, toys with all the pieces in good working order
- BABY EQUIPMENT: cribs, strollers, car seats, toys, etc.
Donation Frequently Asked Questions
- We collect both new and used items
- Items collected are stored in various volunteer homes and provided to requestors as needed
- Donations are eligible for tax receipts (available upon request)
- Makeover ministry is 100% volunteer, including storage and vehicles
- We do not resell items. Twice a year we have a yard sale with items not requested and use the money raised to offset fuel and ministry costs
- Items we Do Not currently accept: Perishable food, large appliances (stoves, washers, dryers, refrigerators, etc) sleep sofa or recliner sofa’s, and items needing repair or professional cleaning. Anything alcohol related (shot glasses, adult entertainment etc.)
Please download our Donation Form.
What volunteer opportunities are there?
- Sorting donations: times and dates during the week as well as on Saturday mornings
- Shopping for needs with funds from the Ministry
- Special Events volunteer (attend a quarterly meeting and learn more!)