Makeover Ministry is an outreach program of Orchard Christian Fellowship that helps people in need or in crisis, by referring agencies.
Our primary focus is helping foster & adoptive families, as well as men and women coming out of the prison system.
Typical planned hours of business are:
First and third Saturdays, from 9 AM – 12 PM
Makeover Ministry Contact Info:
Who exactly do we help?
- Foster families and children
- Families or individuals in need
- Victims of domestic violence
- Refugees relocated in NH
- Men & women coming out of the prison system
- We also help foster children who are ‘aging out’ of the foster care system and set up their first apartment
What do they need?
- CLOTHING: new or clean gently-used clothing of all sizes needed (baby, toddler, kids, teens and adult, shoes, coats and boots)
- HOUSEHOLD ITEMS: small kitchen appliances, microwave ovens, electronic equipment, and vacuum cleaners in good working order. Pots & pans, dishes, glasses and silverware, bake ware, new toiletries, new paper products, school supplies, holiday decorations, bicycles, toys with all the pieces in good working order
- BABY EQUIPMENT: cribs, strollers, car seats, toys, etc.
Donation Frequently Asked Questions
- We collect both new and gently used items.
- Items collected are stored in our warehouse or various volunteer homes and provided to requestors as needed.
- Donations are eligible for tax receipts (available upon request).
- Makeover ministry is 100% volunteer run, including storage and vehicles.
- We do not resell items.
- Items we Do Not currently accept: Perishable food, large appliances (stoves, washers, dryers, refrigerators, etc), furniture, and items needing repair or professional cleaning. Anything alcohol or adult entertainment-related (shot glasses, magazines, books, etc.)
Please download our Charitable Organization Donation Form – Makeover Ministry
What volunteer opportunities are there?
- Sorting donations: Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings
- Shopping for needs with funds from the Ministry
- Special Events