The diverse country of Costa Rica is located in Central America between Panama and Nicaragua. It is home to over 4.5 million people, with nearly half of those living in the capital city of San Jose. It has a stable democracy and has not had an army since 1949.
Amidst the beautiful beaches, vast coffee fields and breathtaking mountains, there are real needs to be met. This is where CFCI reaches out- to the impoverished slums of undocumented Nicaraguans, to the girls and women negatively affected by tourism, to the homeless, to the children and youth who need Godly role models, to the AIDs victims, to those who are in desperate need of the hope of Jesus Christ.
- Church Support International- training/tools for pastors youth leadership training
- Project Antioch- Latin national and international short-term teams
- La Carpio/Pavas- tutoring, libraries, ESL, job skills training, computer classes
- New Horizons- youth recreation ministry, educational classes and job skills training
- evangelistic English classes
- medical outreaches
- medical and dental clinic
- Renacer- rehabilitation ministry for street girls
- Works of Mercy outreach to prison inmates, geriatric hospitals, AIDS patients and nursing home residents
- shelter for abused women
- Transformations- neighborhood outreach/feeding program